Thursday, May 7, 2020

#stopthemyoung : Little Notes Towards Being Better Human Beings (read not sexual abusers, rapists and bullies)

For how much ever I want to break the faces of rapists, I know that for every face I could probably break, there are a thousand others growing into those same faces.
Getting into shit company, filthy peers, crass media education about what's acceptable and not (yes bollywood especially) and even bad family and societal influences is something that most children and even some adults feel unable to get out of.

I grew up in a hostel full of sexual abusers, I lived and grew up in areas where I learnt about the darkest sides of society (antophill and prateeksha nagar and a lot of crime rich regions) , I came across a lot of "professional white collar circles" too with utter disrespect for women... But somehow I always managed to keep myself out of it. I was lucky, but I also know many who gave in. And many who revel in such mindsets. 

Which is why, apart from my request to the govt to treat juvenile rapists above age 15 as adult criminals and to speed up the law and sensitize the police to handling sexual offences, this is a bunch of little notes that I think might just help a few misguided or about to be misguided people, see the right road. 

- Pushkraj Shirke












Ps: Thanks to my buddy Vinayak Patil who hosted a live chat with me yesterday, triggering me to do this. And take the initiative to push for change, no matter how small.

PPS: DO KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE NOTES APPLY TO BOYS AND GIRLS ALIKE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 Articles this Month:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive