Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I'm Fat so what? A bullshit filled escapist post and my answer to it:


I love women. i adore wholesome bodies. I idolise natural forms and everything in nature. And i love fitness. I'm being very clear about that right in the beginning itself coz i don't want stupid misinterpretations of my post.
So, from a friend, i came across this bullshit riddled post that for a bit very well answers a very 'despicable' piece of fitness advertising - and then uses the rest of the article of be a baseless, well written piece of escapist literature.
The post has the pic given below, and goes as follows:

I didn't write this but absolutely love what this woman wrote. So well done! Please read; it's quite enjoyable and share. <3 A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?" The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way: "Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness. They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia. They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires. Mermaids do not exist. But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish? They would have no sex life and could not bear children. Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad. And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side? Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale. At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends. We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies. We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated. Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! " Do share if you care. Don't forget to share it! :)
-------------------------------------------

NOW HERE's MY ANSWER TO IT
(as my best friend who knows my love for fitness and greco-roman shaped physiques alike wanted me to share my view on it):
Beautiful answer against bad advertising - being skinny is no ideal worth achieving. Being fit though, is the ultimate ideal for the human body.
Now here's what I have to say for all the fat people using this answer as an excuse to be fat:
The whale is biologically healthy and fit despite its percieved "fat" size. In fact, it has a higher percentage of body muscle to body fat - a ratio that fat humans most often never have.
There's nothing wrong in being chubby as long as you are healthy and fit enough to pursue all the amazing things that human life enables us to pursue. And if you don't have any of those aspirations and are happy sulking away behind a tv screen chomping on chips, I rest my case, I don't have anything to say to you.
BUT if you want to make the most of what human life has given you, you need to start with making the most of the incredible machine nature has endowed you with - your body. It's the only possession you will have from the time you are born to the time you die. It is the only possession that will serve you as we'll as you service it - for life.
So stop making an excuse against being fit using clever sounding juxtapositioned words and theories and quotes misquoted and misplaced - coz honestly, the only person you are truly fooling, is yourself.

Love,
Pushkaraj Shirke
PS: I run a free forum that promotes educating people about the media hype and lies about beauty and fitness. You may read it if you wish to open your eyes to a lot more than what you see in the media: www.projectbattleready.com  articles from there are also shared on this very blog. feel free to subscribe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 Articles this Month:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive