Friday, April 29, 2011

the practical 4 days a week workout


that's me - on the 4DAW workout
and after the 'get back in shape' workouts
 Given my work schedules and my need to indulge in various hobbies besides workingout, i dont have all the time in the world.So i've created a workout routine that requires me to workout only 4-days a week and yet keeps me fighting fit.

So i workout 2 hours each - on any three working days and any one weekend day. reasonable?

I don't follow any diet anymore - but i keep the most important 2 words in mind - MODERATION and TAPERING:

Moderation: i eat all kinds of foods, but even when i go out partying, i make sure not to go overboard with the binging. enjoy the taste, enjoy the food, bite in - but know when to stop. you aren't really going to get a medallion for chowing down a universe or something.

Tapering: i make sure i eat a heavy breakfast, a medium sized lunch and a very light dinner. and throw in 2 low cal snacks in between. keeps my metabolism running, and the fat storage stystem in my body on a shut-down.

When it comes to the workout, i've created a hybrid workout that ensures that every muscle in my body is exerted turn by turn. I've refrained from using the typical MUSCLE BY MUSCLE workout routines coz i dont want to be a bodybuilder. My OBJECTIVE is to stay FIT. So this is how my 4 days of workout go:

Day 1: Upperbody
The usual upper body workouts - 2 sets each of max weight possible to 15 reps.
Chest. Shoulder. Delts. Back. Biceps. Triceps. Forearms.
I pay extra attention to Shoulders and triceps as those are my weakness thanks to my teenage years neck injury. You should pay extra attention to what your weakness is. extra attention = 2 additional exercises.

Day 2: Legs and Abs
I consider legs and the core to be the most important muscles in the body. in a fight, its the legs that keep you standing and the core that drives your power. So i club both of these together and give them one exclusive day of sweat shedding, muscle ripping pain. 6 different exercises for both - 3 sets each.

Day 3: Cross fit
CrossFit is a workout regimen that incorporates exercises for each of ten fitness domains: cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy.

though, i only incorporate parts of it in my workout. That's because without guidance, this is one regime that can go awfully wrong. CHRONICALLY wrong.

Day 4: Cardio and Complete Circuit
this is best done with LORDS OF ACID and BODIES and other high tempo awesome music on the playlist #justsaying ;)
This day is dedicated to SPEED and STAMINA.
Sprint for a mile. Run two or three miles.
4 minutes of hell
Exercise a single set of every muscle, of every machine in the gym - one after the other in any order - with only 15 secs break in between.
Then again steep climb/speed walk a few miles.
Punch. Kick. Stretch.

and that is how this monster rolls!
if you are following this, let me know. I'll help you out with any hindrances that you may face.
keep away from talwalkars and stay fit and all these crappy get fit fast scemes. stay away from lose weight quick scams and as far as possible - unless you have a professional reason (modelling or sports is your profession), or a metabolic necessity, stay away from nutritional supplements. And if you do go for supplements, go for the best. (ON, BSN and VPX are highly reliable brands - for more detailed info about effective supplements, visit http://www.neulife.in/ )

cheers!
Pushkaraj Shirke

PS: in case you dont know it already, THIS is 4 minutes of HELL:

1 comment:

  1. I tried this 4mins.... it was really HELLLLLLLLL...


    -pravin
    chicago il

    ReplyDelete

Top 10 Articles this Month:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive